Friday, October 8, 2010

Response to Treasure

This is something interesting that I found on Vincent's blog:

When people hear the term "treasure", the first thing that usually come to their head is gold coins and jewelries. I think the reason for this is probably because many people love money. Our modern sociality has imprinted a image of money to be our number one priority to have a happy and fulfilling life. For me, that is complete nonsense. Money is not everything, and I can definitely name many things that I rather have over money. When I hear the term "treasure", I think of something entirely different.
I feel that Vincent has a point in his post. A "treasure" is defined as something that someone cares about a lot and does not want to get damaged. A treasure does not have to be money, it just has to be something that you want and will feel a sense of contentment when you have it. For example, you could treasure something that a close friend gave you. it might not be valuable to other people, but it will be valuable to you because it is a treasure to you, is it precious and valuable to you, even if its only sentimentally and has no monetary value at all.

Treasure can come in all shapes and sizes; it can be anything. Different people treasure different things for certain reasons. Some of the reasons that I would treasure something are either that someone really important give it to me or it is something that I can't live my life without. One thing that I treasure is my friends because I don't think I can live life without them. They are my pillar of support that pushes me to move forward in life. Without them, my life would be really dull and would go absolutely nowhere at all.

I feel the same way about some of the things that Vincent says. A friend will always be a treasure to me, because they are precious to me. They are people that have a relationship with you. Just because some people think of money, jewels, gold, etc when they think of treasure, it does not mean that treasure is simply that. I also feel that my friends are a treasure, because they support me in my life. They support me in the things that i do and the things that i need help with/in, and I treasure them for that reason. 

No comments:

Post a Comment