Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Most Annoying Day Pt. 1

Tuesday, was one of the weirdest and most annoying days that I have had so far. I started off going to school, without getting enough sleep. I almost ended up falling asleep in math class right in front of Mrs. McCoy. After school, i had to walk to Walgreens to buy something to sell for a fundraiser. Then, by the time i got home, i had to get ready to go to McCullumn Youth Court. I was not prepared to do much and i was tired.

When i got there, the tables were already set up, but we did not have any of the sign-in sheets at all. We had to wait for Shawn to go and get some more from the office, but when he got the big blue bucket that we keep all of them in, it turned out that we had no more copies. So, we had to improvise and make new ones by crossing the titles off of a sign in sheet for people that want to take the basic law class. While doing that, we had to set up a fundraiser selling food on a table right next to where everyone was signing in. We were also short on staff, so it got that much harder to do.

When we got into the courtroom, since we were short on staff, there was only 1 clerk in each courtroom, so if 1 of us could not make it, then i do not know what would happen. We were also short of baliffs, so some of the courtrooms only had 1 baliff. So, for most of the time the courtroom was in session, I had to take the place of the bailiff and try to do two jobs at once, because the only bailiff we had was helping the jurors out in the deliberation room. Also, I think I screwed up because I did not know a lot of what a bailiff had to do. I was worried, and was wondering what could go wrong.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes days like this happen.

    I'm sorry to hear that there's a part 2 to this, but I still look forward to reading it. Are things any less annoying once you've written about them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's only a part 2 because it got too long for 1 post...
    And I don't really care about it anymore, I think I just need a couple of days to cool off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I responded to this(sort of) at http://mynameisericw.blogspot.com/2010/09/responce-to-most-annoying-day-by-jay.html

    ReplyDelete