Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Most Annoying Day Pt. 2

When the judges got there, I was worried that I would screw up. When we were going through the court process, they had a lot of questions to ask. I was afraid that i would mess up because some of the things that we would be doing in that court process would be new. There was something new that they had just introduced to us, and told us to try it out. It was time consuming and some of us thought that it was sort of pointless. Some new thing that we had to do was to read something that gave a sort of overview of that the crime was and what it consisted of. For example, if the crime was petty theft, I would have to read off a piece of paper what petty theft would be considered as. It was very time consuming and I did not think that it made much of a difference in the court process.

Some new thing that probably helped however, was a sheet that they gave to the jurors in the deliberation room to help their minds start working. It was pretty much a sheet where it asked them what they case was about to try and see if they were paying attention, and other various activities. I am pretty sure that it kept them busy because when the other jurors went in to deliberate the case hearing that had just happened, the jurors that were deliberating the previous case were still in the room discussing various things. I think that it kept them busy. After a bunch of cases that took a long amount of time, I finally got to take break. After a while, all of the cases were finished and i went back down to the ground floor to meet up with everyone else. Apparently, my courtroom was the second one to finish out of the four. I got bored so i went back up the elevator to check on the other courtrooms. I went to one where most of my freinds were in, and it turned out that they were almost done, which was a good thing. However, one of my freinds had to leave, so I ended up filling in for him for the last case that they had. It didn't really take that long, but it was a sort of a pain in the ass to do that.

Later, i got home around 9pm. I came home, and went on the computer. I started doing homework around an hour later. The thing that really  pissed me off was that when i was about to go shower, my water pipes blocked up. They were working fine half an hour ago when my dad went to shower, but right when I decided to go, the just had to block up. It pissed me off to no end. Eventually, they finally worked for a bit when my dad worked on the water pipes, but it was not really that "smart" to go and use water before we got them fixed for real.

2 comments: