Friday, January 14, 2011

Response to Vincent's Post "The Road That I Have Chosen..."

This is something interesting that I found on Vincent's Blog.

In life, there are many roads to choose from and each one of these roads can either lead to disaster or glory. But these rodes are not visible until you make a path for it yourself. When I was little, I always wanted to become a professional DJ. The idea of listening and remixing music for others to hear as a job seemed pretty awesome to me. That was a road that I have created for myself when I was young, but as I grew older, another rode soon begin to form. My dream of becoming a DJ slowly disappeared and something much more important appeared in front of me.

I have to agree with Vincent on some of the points in his beginning paragraph. When you are a little kid, you do have a lot of ideas of what you want to be when you are an adult. When you are a little kid, you have the feeling that you can be anything that you want. You have no idea that you have limitations in life and you feel like you can even “fly” (Which technically we can due to airplanes,  helicopters, etc.)  However, as you get older and older and go through your life, your hopes and dreams get crushed and you realize that there are a lot of barriers in the world that prevent you from achieving a lot of your dreams and hopes.

Our dreams can be shape in many ways, and there many things that can influence on the type of road that a person want to venture into. What I learned from that day was that a particular experience is able to change a person's life forever. That particular experience had already came for me, and it had forever marked me onto the rode of becoming a lawyer...

Our dreams and hopes can also be affected by a major event that happened in our life. For example, if there was someone that suddenly appeared in your life, and you admired them very much, then you would want to do a lot of the things that they did.

No comments:

Post a Comment